Perhaps the first and most important thing to understand is that it is normal to feel overwhelmed at certain times in your life.
Life can get complicated and there can be a lot to cope with. So, you are not alone and it is not just you that has had these feelings. To accept that you want to feel better and want positive change is the first step on the road to doing just that!
Coping alone or not getting the right kind of support can make things a lot more difficult. Psychotherapy is a support to help you get back in balance.
How you can judge where you are at a point to benefitting from a Psychotherapist is if you are experiencing some of the following:
- You feel overwhelmed, trapped, isolated or stuck and cannot find a way beyond a certain point.
- Even though you know you have an issue and have tried, you still can't shift the weight, quit cigarettes for good or make those lifestyle changes that you know you should.
- Your relationships and confidence have been affected and that in itself is a source of stress and concern. It is like your issues are doubling up.
- You are aware of what the problem is and ideally the results you want but you just cannot seem to get there and maintain them.
- Your emotions and inner thoughts are tending towards the negative and affect your life.
- You can see that there isn't balance with your lifestyle, relationships and emotions and you really would like for there to be more of that.