Perhaps the first and most important thing to understand is that it is normal to feel overwhelmed at certain times in your life.
Life can get complicated and there can be a lot to cope with. So, you are not alone and it is not just you that has had these feelings. To accept that you want to feel better and want positive change is the first step on the road to doing just that!
Coping alone or not getting the right kind of support can make things a lot more difficult. Psychotherapy is a support to help you get back in balance.
How you can judge where you are at a point to benefitting from a Psychotherapist is if you are experiencing some of the following:
- You feel overwhelmed, trapped, isolated or stuck and cannot find a way beyond a certain point.
- Even though you know you have an issue and have tried, you still can't shift the weight, quit cigarettes for good or make those lifestyle changes that you know you should.
- Your relationships and confidence have been affected and that in itself is a source of stress and concern. It is like your issues are doubling up.
- You are aware of what the problem is and ideally the results you want but you just cannot seem to get there and maintain them.
- Your emotions and inner thoughts are tending towards the negative and affect your life.
- You can see that there isn't balance with your lifestyle, relationships and emotions and you really would like for there to be more of that.
The Psychotherapist and you will discuss what your aims, goals and hopes are. This begins the process of your healing journey to where you are on the path to feeling better and performing better in your life.
Psychotherapists may use simply 'talk therapy' or combine it with other skills and techniques. Some of them include journalling, role play, practising mindfulness thought techniques and breathing exercises.
The path to getting your life back on track and achieving your goals is yours where the Psychotherapist supports you.
It would not be correct for you to think that the therapist fixes you or is the expert on you telling you what to do. Your Psychotherapist aids you in uncovering your truth and your personal peace.
Through setting achievable goals, uncovering insights and awareness with talk therapy and feeling empowered; life changes for therapy clients.
You will be learning resilience and coping strategies. Psychotherapy ideally involves gaining a further understanding of how your situation has come about.
The point is never about attributing blame, more about understanding so you can better come to terms with things. Empowerment is key, you feeling stronger and more settled in yourself. This is what your therapist will be helping you to achieve.
The decision to choose or stay with a therapist depends on who you feel comfortable with and entrust. This confidential professional relationship starts at the first inquiry.
In this modern era with fast internet and online camera communication, psychotherapy has gone into the digital age. Now, you need not wait in a clinic to see your therapist or have to travel any distance other than your own private space at home.
Office appointments are also available to arrange in both Riviera del Sol and Marbella Spain. Please see the Clarity Therapy business card with contact phone details and website address for more information. To email contact click this link Here